Copyright note

*Please note that the items on this site are protected by copyright, hence, may not be reproduced without the author's permission.

Tuesday, 14 February 2012

Broken Soul


He called me his son
I called him my father
He told me to be wise
So the one taunting him
He’d put to shame

He accepted me as his son
Yet I kept breaking
Breaking his heart into pieces
Trampling upon his heart
Not meeting his expectations
I disappoint him

Forgive me my father

You keep forgiving me
You gave me multiple second chances
Yet I continue to disappoint
I make you grieve
And bring shame to your name

Forgive me father

To rely on me
To trust in me
To place a bet on me
Its difficult, suicidal
I know
I wouldn’t, if I were in your place

But

Oh father,
I need your help
I desire your discipline
I yearn for your guidance
I crave your thoughts
I plead for your forgiveness

Father, please
I need to change
I want to change
To regret and to repent

Your laws
I need to love
To cherish and to obey

My father,
It’s you I need
To make the most important
The most important person
In my life…

No comments:

Post a Comment