Copyright note

*Please note that the items on this site are protected by copyright, hence, may not be reproduced without the author's permission.

Thursday, 7 April 2011

THANK YOU


I was afflicted, my pain I couldn’t contain
I became dejected, my sorrows wouldn’t be consoled
I was heartbroken, my tears couldn’t be wiped
I became miserable; my grief never seemed to end

Sublimate
All I had faded away
Like a naphthalene ball, they evaporated
In my nothingness, the black gloom became my sole comfort

No more
My material possessions, all gone
But those I cared not

To my companions, I became the Spanish Flu
My very presence they avoided
To those I loved; I thought it was mutual
I became ammonia, mixed with rotten egg
A pungent smell they had to reject
Never did I know, that love was conditional
I must have been stupid

Then out of nowhere, you materialized
Chasing away the gloomy black
Nursing me, I regained my strength back
And you proved to me
That sincere love is never conditional.

No comments:

Post a Comment