Copyright note

*Please note that the items on this site are protected by copyright, hence, may not be reproduced without the author's permission.

Sunday, 27 March 2011

YOU LEFT

My eyes I gave you
            So you look out for me
My ears I entrusted to you
            So you listen out for me
My tongue I offered to you
            So you speak on my behalf
My lungs I put in your care
            So you purify my breath

Yet you left
Blind you left me
Deaf you made me
I became dumb
And you pierced my lungs

I loved you
            We kissed
I adored you
            We loved
I cherished you
            We grew

Then you left
You left me Mystified Bemused Befuddled
And I became Disillusioned, Poisoned, Paralyzed

Remember the second day we met
It was destiny
            U said
We were meant to be
            U proclaimed
We were made for each other
            You emphasized

But you left
I wasn’t a man, you claimed
I wasn’t alive, you maintained
A new life you wanted
A new love you had to find

So you left
You left
And now you want back?

No comments:

Post a Comment