Memories of you brings nostalgic feelings
Though I’ve moved on
I still remember you with fondness
When I say you were my first
It’s not a mere statement
I’m not trying to patronize you
You were my first love
You taught me what excitement was all about
Thoughts of how I used to climb you
Mount you
Your wonderfully wide hips
Held you tight
How you wound me round and round
I ended up feeling queasy
Sometimes, dizzy
And your funny creaky sounds
Thoughts of your sister
You allow me to have her
Sitting on her
Up and down
She urges me higher and higher
My heart pacing faster and faster
(a smile)
One time with your sis
My excitement at its threshold
I screamed
Then I heard someone say
“Nam) papa d)l) n3”#
Damn, I miss you both
Especially you
Do you remember
When I sneaked uninvited
Into auntie Rashida’s house
Just to see you
To enjoy you
I fell off a few times
Yet I persisted
You were patient
Did I tell you she reported to my folks
Yet I returned the following day
An experienced man
But I was too eager
To prove my experience
And I hurt you
I’d never forget those strokes
The painful spanking auntie Rashida gave me
Maybe she was jealous (I can't tell)
Sorry I left without a goodbye
Goodbyes are sad
I didn’t want to see you cry
I now have a big house
A lovely wife
Three kids
I’ve told them all about you
Especially the kids
They can't wait to see you
It’s my hope you teach my kids
How to be real men
Just like you did me
Always remember
Though I wasn’t your first
You will always be my first love
# (I won’t dare to translate that Ga expression)
This poem is about a merry-go-round and a see-saw
No comments:
Post a Comment